Saturday, October 2, 2010

Are You Living By Their Standards Or Your Standards?

About a week and a half ago I wrote about living life on your own terms (make sure you read this cos it compliments this post) in my Facebook pages notes. But I've decided to talk about it here and also expand on it more here since - obviously - not everyone is a fan of my Facebook page. You can like my Facebook page here to receive my daily quotes and inspirational short messages that I post and also all the things that I read on other blogs relating to personal development.

Now, onto today's topic. Some people don't live or are still not living their lives on their standards, they are rather living their lives on people's standards that they (the people) have set for them. I used to live this way. It is was actually all my life. I just changed two months ago, in August. Even though it's a short notice. I've learnt a whole lot and have a whole lot of experience dealing with that kind of stuff - living life on your own terms.

So if you are a fan of my Facebook page, you would have noticed that I talk about people being happy and living life on their own terms...well that's the reason why I tend to talk about that stuff a lot because I went through this for 18 and half years and I'm 18 and half and some months old, so check..

Now, living life on someone's terms or conditions may sound insensitive or stupid to someone who is conscious on how he or she lives, it might not sound or look insensitive or stupid to the person who is practicing this unfortunate kind of lifestyle.

When you live your life on someone elses terms
  • You make God sad because he sent you here to fulfill a mission and then you come here and throw everything you came here for away and become someone's living puppet, whiles you are not Elmo or the Cookie monster. Even they have their rights to say what they want and do what they want except through someone cos they are the real puppets. What's the sense in life if the real puppets even enjoy life more than you do? Think about that.
  • You become a puppet because you don't know what your real life purpose is and you are just running through life like a robot with a battery in it. Just running around till the battery dies or till the engineer stops you. This is a pathetic form of life which no one must lead, seriously.
  • It affects your health unconsciously without you knowing. Giving you stress and all kinds of other diseases. Cos you'll tend to think of your life being miserable and thinking a lot only brings you loads of sicknesses and stress.
  • You ruin the opportunity you were given here to live and come and do something worthwhile for the human race and the world as whole. You don't leave any legacy behind. You just die and go as a statistic.
There are many more reasons that I can raise but it will take a whole book to write all that unless maybe I'm writing a book, which I know I will but this is certainly not it :).

So all I'm trying to say here is that, live your life on your own terms. Do what fits you. I'm not talking about illegal stuff. Obviously it's legal stuff that I'm talking about. Don't do something because someone is doing it or because you're worried about people going to ridicule you. Let them worry about ridiculing you. Don't worry about that. They are the pathetic ones not you. Because they don't know the essence of life and you do. And you are living it, having fun. Living it on your own terms. Whiles they aren't. They come outside and see you and ridicule you but I'm sure when the go inside they get sad about how pathetic and sad their lives are. So don't mind anyone and go about your life like it's nobody's business because it's certainly is nobody's business :)).

Have a great day :)). Share your thoughts on the post below. If you've been through something similar, or have something to add to what I've shared, just anything you have to say concerning this post, please share it below. Thanks :).

If you liked this post or found it helpful, why not share it with your friends by email or through any of the social networks :). Thanks :).

Lets Connect On Twitter And Facebook :).

4 comments:

  1. Well written Shirley... Your certainly not a puppet on a string...

    In Gratitude & Love...

    Mark Elliott...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Mark. Glad you loved it and found it helpful too :). Thanks very much for passing by :)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shirley! It was so much fun chatting with you the other day! Bless bless bless your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your life too, Inyung :)). Thanks very much for passing by :)). See you here soon :)).

    ReplyDelete