Sunday, October 17, 2010

Being Okay With Who You Are

Everybody was born different and unique. No human being is the same as the other. Not even twins or triplets or all the other lets :). But seems that society fails to notice this and have set a norm or some set of unconscious regulations about what is right about human beings and what are not right about them in terms of appearance, behaviour, and everything that's got to do with living as a human being. And so this has made it hard to live the way you are and also accept who you originally are. And it makes you want to be what society considers a norm but that's wrong. However you are, whoever you are, you've got to love it and accept it that way.

I know that most of you struggle with this and I used to do but I've worked on it and it's left with some small deal to work on and I know I will definitely get there with God's help, surely I will!!

An example of this is someone feeling low about him or herself, if he or she is overweight. Yeah, being overweight is bad. And it's bad because it's not healthy and not because it's not beautiful or anything. Don't feel low or sad about yourself because you look ugly being overweight. You are beautiful. You are comparing yourself to other people and the societal norms that's why you feel that way. If you stop comparing, you'll feel good and great about yourself and also gain a lot of confidence as a person.

Now, I have a video below that complements what I'm saying. It's of someone I really admire in my life and he really inspires me greatly in my life. Any message I get from him kicks me off my butt all the time to do something in my life. He's a really great inspiration :). He's called Paul V Harris.

Even though Paul's body was burnt 85% due to a car accident. He's not given up or anything. He's actually the opposite. And he's inspiring people to take action in their lives and move forward. To me he's a great man. Paul, you are a great man!!! :)



Now, if you aren't taking action in your life because of something that happened to you in your life or because of what someone thinks of you, then you are doing the wrong thing. Because you shouldn't let something that happened to you in your life bring you down. You are stronger than that thing. You have to get out of your comfort zone and face that thing. Because so far as you stay in your comfort zone you'll never grow or move forward and you'll always be smaller and weaker than your problem. But if you move out of your comfort zone and face your problem, you'll be able to overcome and then you'll be bigger and stronger than your problem So the next time a problem comes you'll be strong and bold enough to face it without fear and also overcome it :).

If Paul is moving on with his life and is doing it, You can do it. If I'm moving on with my life and I'm doing it, You can do it!! Have a great day :)).

If you faced a similar situation where you weren't okay with who you were and have been able to move on and overcome, please share it with us below. Also share any thoughts you have on this post with all of us here.

You can get in touch with Paul on his website DrInspiration.com and on Twitter at @PaulVHarris. You can also get in touch with me by using my Facebook and Twitter links below :).

If you liked this post or found it helpful, why not share it with your friends by email or through any of the social networks :). Thanks :).

Lets Connect On Twitter And Facebook :).

2 comments:

  1. Well written Shirley, very powerful.

    The only person you can compare yourself to, is yourself...

    In Gratitude & Love...

    Mark...

    http://www.theawakeningalliance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Mark. The only person you can compare yourself to is yourself :).

    Thanks very much for passing by to read. I'm really glad you loved it and found it helpful :).I know I'll see you here again. Surely :). Take care of yourself :).

    ReplyDelete