Friday, October 15, 2010

Why Should You Live Life By Your Own Standards?

A week or so ago, I talked about living life on your own standards. Now, that time I only talked about what you become when you live life on someone else's terms and generalized about why you should live life on your own terms. So today I'm going to talk about the reasons why you should live life on your own terms. I got the idea of this post when I was talking to a friend who's like a younger brother to me about living life on his own terms and he asked why he should. I was a bit surprised why he would ask that but I figured not everyone knows the reason why he or she should, even though it might seem obvious to some of you.

So Why Should You Live Life By Your Own Standards Or Terms?

Because

  • You don't want to live a life of regret: Lets say maybe you are a guy and you want to study culinary stuff in college because that's what you love. It's your passion and that's what your life is all about. That's what you picture yourself doing all the rest of your life. And your friends, family or those around you tell you that maybe only girls do culinary and only boys who are dorks do it. Now, because you don't want to look like a dork in front of your friends and the world, you leave what you love and go do maybe law or medicine which is all so not dork for you and you live every minute of your life regretting in silence. And what does this bring you? A whole lot of worry, you can even die before your time because a lot of worry can make you sick and it can kill too. You will always live your life like a prisoner looking for an escape, just like the "Prison Break" movie (featuring Wentworth Miller), and I know you wouldn't want that. And actually no human deserves that kind of life. That's not the way you were supposed to live. If God wanted things that way he wouldn't have created us at all cos he wants everything to be beautiful, wonderful, and perfect. He's all about beauty and wonder. But this kind of life is beyond total ugliness.
  • You were sent here for a mission: Everybody here on earth was sent here to fulfill a mission but some don't do this. They live lives so far and different from what they were supposed to come and do here making the journey not worthwhile and meaningless. I was reading Oprah's article yesterday and she was talking about this very thing of being sent here for a mission. She was saying that she believes she was sent here for a mission and I believe that too. Everybody was sent here for a mission. So you don't want to disappoint God/universe by doing what others tell you or in other words letting others run your life for you. It's your life you have to be the pilot of your life not the passenger. It's really so very senseless to be the passenger of your own life, your own, oh come on..
  • You are here to inspire or affect someone's life positively: You were brought here not to only live and fulfill a mission but also to touch or affect someone's life positively. I feel so great and energetic and often times almost about to cry (on positive terms though) when someone tells me that I inspire them or have helped them in some way by sharing all the messages I share here on life. It's great to hear someone say that about you and what you are doing. And it makes you want to do more. It's gives you a spark of motivation. Now that's a kind of life that you want. Not one where you are treated like a puppet like I mentioned in the previous post.
  • You are here to leave a legacy behind: Just like the one where you affect someone's life positively, you leave a legacy behind when that person remembers you from the heart that "John was the one who touched me and made me get this big breakthrough in my life". That's a legacy you've left behind. You don't necessarily have to go into the Guinness Book Of Records, no, that's not the only to leave a legacy behind.
  • You were brought here to have fun: The finally point I'm going to talk about is fun. You were brought here to explore this wonderful place and have fun. Fun, fun, fun. Not worry worry worry and puppet puppet puppet. No! Explore, Discover, Live Life On Your Own Terms, And Have Fun!! Lots Of It!! :D :)) ;)
So these are my reasons. I know, I have others there but these are what I thought of giving you guys today :). I know you guys have a lot of reasons in your mind that you can share too. Please do so in the comments area below. Thanks :). Stay blessed. Always live your best life and never ever give up! :)

If you liked this post or found it helpful, why not share it with your friends by email or through any of the social networks :). Thanks :).

Lets Connect On Twitter And Facebook :).

No comments:

Post a Comment